Ferry County Planning & Building
|Business Hours||Office Location||Mailing Address||Phone
|Planning Director||Monday-Friday||147 N Clark, Suite 7||PO Box 305||509-775-5225|
|Building Department||8am to 4pm||Republic, WA||Republic, WA 99166||Extension 3101|
|Planning/Building Assistant||Click for Directions|
Planning Department Announcements
NOTE: All applications that require Planning Commission (PC) approval must be delivered to the Ferry County Planner NLT the Friday prior to the scheduled PC meeting.
Public Participation Plan - The Ferry County Planning Department has conducted a periodic review of the Public Participation Plan (PPP). The PPP applies to the unincorporated Northern portion of Ferry County, WA and the deeded fee lands on the Southern portion of Ferry County that are located on the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Indian Reservation. Ferry County provides this Plan to ensure maximum public participation is promoted in all phases of the development of plans and ordinances. The 14 Day SEPA Review Period ends at 4pm on 6 September 2023 and the 60 Public Comment period ends at 4pm on 23 October 2023.
- SEPA 23-030
- DNS 23-030
- Draft Ferry County Public Participation Plan
SMP Periodic Review - Ferry County and the City of Republic, working together as the Ferry County Coalition (Coalition), are undertaking a periodic review of the 2018 Coalition Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The SMP regulates use and development along our 4 rivers, 10 creeks, and 12 lakes. Our SMP must be reviewed, and revised if needed, every eight years as required by Washington’s Shoreline Management Act (RCW 90.58.080(4)). For this update, our SMP revisions are anticipated to be limited and minor – more of a housekeeping effort not a complete rewrite. But, this update will ensure that our SMP is current with state laws and rules, County and City plans and regulations, and changes in local circumstance, new information and improved data. The Coalition is opting for the streamlined Joint Review Process (WAC 173-26-104) that combines local and state review steps. This webpage will be a primary source of related information and materials – check back often! Opportunities for public involvement and a general timeline is described in the project’s Public Participation Plan.
Building Department Announcements
- The current SMP can be downloaded here.
- SEPA 23-022 Ferry County Coalition SMP
- DNS 23-022 Ferry County Coalition SMP
- Draft Ferry County Coalition SMP without maps
- Map Pages from Ferry County SMP (this is a large file) FYI - No changes were made to the maps.
The 14 Day SEPA Review Period ends at 4pm on 12 July 2023 and the 60 Public Comment period ends at 4pm on 28 August 2023. Comments can be dropped off, mailed or e-mailed to the Ferry County Planning Department.
For questions or to join the Email List for project announcements, please contact email@example.com.
Section 9 of the Development Regulations Ordinance #2016-04. The changes made to this chapter are to meet the requirements of the Growth Management Act regarding the designation of Agricultural Lands of Long-Term Commercial Significance (AGofLTS). The associated documents are below and the BOCC public comment period ends with a public hearing on September 5, 2023. Comments can be dropped off, mailed or e-mailed to the Ferry County Planning Department or BOCC.
- The current Development Regulations Ordinance can be downloaded here.
- SEPA 23-013 AGofLTS
- DNS 23-013 Ferry County AGofLTS
- Draft Development Regulations Ordinance 2016-04 Section 9 - with changes
- Draft Development Regulations Ordinance 2016-04 Section 9 clean
- Ferry County AGofLTS Update Staff Report
- Ferry County AGofLTS Webmap Instructions
- Ferry County AGofLTS Parcel Lists (excel spreadsheet)
- Get your Ferry County Address at Ferry County GIS & 911 Addressing
- Ferry County Driveway/Road Approach Permit at Ferry County Public Works
- All Things Septic at NE Tri-County Health
- WADOT Driveway Permit information
- All things Electrical at WA Labor and Industries
- Search for Well Information at Dept of Ecology
- Is your property in a FEMA Flood Zone? Check it out on this Map