Ferry County Planning & Building
|147 N Clark, Suite 7
|PO Box 305
|8am to 4pm
|Republic, WA 99166
|Click for Directions
Planning Department Announcements
NOTE: All applications that require Planning Commission (PC) approval must be delivered to the Ferry County Planner NLT the Friday prior to the scheduled PC meeting.
For questions or to join the Email List for project announcements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMP Periodic Review - Ferry County and the City of Republic, working together as the Ferry County Coalition (Coalition), are undertaking a periodic review of the 2018 Coalition Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The SMP regulates use and development along our 4 rivers, 10 creeks, and 12 lakes. Our SMP must be reviewed, and revised if needed, every eight years as required by Washington’s Shoreline Management Act (RCW 90.58.080(4)). For this update, our SMP revisions are anticipated to be limited and minor – more of a housekeeping effort not a complete rewrite. But, this update will ensure that our SMP is current with state laws and rules, County and City plans and regulations, and changes in local circumstance, new information and improved data. This webpage will be a primary source of related information and materials – check back often! Opportunities for public involvement and a general timeline is described in the project’s Public Participation Plan.
The Coalition is opting for the streamlined Joint Review Process (WAC 173-26-104) that combines local and state review steps. No additional comment period will occur during the state review process. Comments provided to the Coalition will be reviewed by the City, County, and Ecology - no need to send duplicates.
Joint Public Comment Period: Was held from October 11 to November 13, 2023. Comments were due by November 13, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Comments were also received during the Public Hearing noted below.
Joint Public Hearing: The public hearing was held on November 13, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. The Hearing was conducted:
- With the Ferry County Board of County Commissioners and WA Department of Ecology
- In-person: Commissioners Office, 290 E. Tessie Ave. Republic, WA 99166
- Remotely via WebEx: Virtual hearing information was posted on this page and the BoCC OneDrive webpage approximately one week in advance.
Comments Received & the Coalition's Responses: Comment Document
Joint Review Documents
Building Department Announcements
- Get your Ferry County Address at Ferry County GIS & 911 Addressing
- Ferry County Driveway/Road Approach Permit at Ferry County Public Works
- All Things Septic at NE Tri-County Health
- WADOT Driveway Permit information
- All things Electrical at WA Labor and Industries
- Search for Well Information at Dept of Ecology
- Is your property in a FEMA Flood Zone? Check it out on this Map