Traffic Infraction Deferrals

Order Deferring Infraction


8AM to 4PM
Closed on State Holidays

County Courthouse

350 E Delaware Ave. #6
Republic, WA  99166
Phone (509) 775-5225
...ext. 2504
Fax (509) 775-5221


Can I keep my traffic ticket "off my record"?
If you have received a traffic infraction, you may be eligible for a deferral. By successfully completing a deferral, the Court will not report your ticket to the Department of Licensing (DOL). You may defer only one moving infraction and only one non-moving infraction each seven years. The length of deferral is up to two years. To complete your deferral, you will be required to have no new infractions during the deferral period and pay a nonrefundable administrative fee. If you commit a new traffic infraction at any location during your deferral or fail to comply with all the orders of the judge or fail to pay the administrative fee, the Court will report your deferred ticket as a conviction to DOL. four infractions listed below do not qualify for this Court's deferral program.
How do I ask the court to defer my infraction?
You must submit a request in writing to have the citation deferred within 15 days of receipt of the violation you wish to have deferred. When the Court receives your request for deferral, a hearing will be set by the District Court Clerk. The court will mail you a notice with a hearing date to the address provided by you.
What does it cost to defer my infraction?
You must pay an Administrative Fee ranging from $100 to $250, which the court uses to cover the expense of checking your eligibility for deferral and to monitor your compliance with deferral terms. The amount depends on how much monitoring is required and the fee amount will be set by the judge.
What if I don't pay the administrative fee as scheduled or commit a new traffic infraction?
The Court will end your deferral and will report to DOL that you committed your traffic infraction. There are no exceptions to this policy.
What infractions do not qualify for deferral?
The Court does not allow deferral for these four infractions:
  • Passing a School Bus
  • No Liability Insurance
  • Any infraction where a fatality occurred
  • Commercial Driver's License